Welcome to the magical world of the “Mushers”, the sled dogs drivers !! The International Mushing School SIM is a Sports Association recognized by the Italian Olympic Committee and the Italian Federation Musher Sleddog Sport. Following the activities offered to anyone with a minimum of physical fitness and love for animals and nature.
- 1) Lesson // basic winter tour on snow for beginners ( short approach to our Sport ) of a total duration of 30 minutes including the initial theoretical driving lesson + the preparation of a sled with adequate number of Dogs + driving a sled by yourself assisted in a distance by our Staff in the school ring for beginners + photo, cuddles, biscuits to the Dogs after arrival :
- A) Individual adults and children from 15 years onwards: € 35 Hours 8:30 > 12:30
- B) Individual children up to 14 years of age: € 30 Hours 8:30 > 12:30
- C) Groups of schools from a minimum of 15 participants: € 15 up to 17 years of age. Hours 8:30 > 12:30 am
- 2) Medium 1 hour lesson / tour ( max. 6 participants ) which includes the details in point 1) with a longer tour than the one in point 1): € 70 each. Hours 8:30 > 12:30 am
- 3) Advanced lesson / tour from min. 2 hours ( max 6 participants ) which includes the details in point 1) with a much longer tour than the one in point 2) : € 120 each participant. Hours 8:30 > 12:30 am
- 4) Dog sled 2 hours and 1 hour snowmobile, € 200 each participant. Time to be agreed with the School
- 5) Snowmobile Tour: try the thrill of travelling on a snowmobile assisted by an Instructor with the possibility to drive it too on the trails of our School : 1 hour € 100, 30 minutes € 50, each snowmobile seats 2 persons. The activity takes place only in the afternoon starting at 2 pm.
- 6) Courses of 20 hours at various levels of Student Musher, Musher, Guide, Teacher, Instructor: starting respectively from € 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500 with release of license SIM.
- 7) Adventure in Swedish Lapland, 5 days duration in March, April and May, Min 4 / Max.6 participants, quotation upon request.
ALL RATES ARE INCLUSIVE OF INSURANCE AND ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE of € 5 Euro in the first lesson ! ADVANCE BANK PAYMENT, PAYPAL OR IN CASH IN SITE!
The recommended winter clothing is the classic ski suit, or in alternative sufficiently warm comfortable trousers and a windbreaker jacket, gloves, cap and snow boots or trekking shoes – not bulky (we do not recommend Moon Boot) – to move easily on the snow.
Our headquarters are on the FUSINE Flats (Tarvisio, UD Italy) on the National Road n. 54 before the Slovenian border connecting Tarvisio to Kranjska Gora.
BOOKING IS NECESSARY well in advance. For general information on hotels, restaurants, transport and other services tel. 0428/2135 (Tourist Information Agency) or 0428/2392 (Tourism Consortium). Our hours are: 8:30 – 12:30 // 14 – 16 except for pre-announced exceptions.
The Responsibles: ARARAD KHATCHIKIAN & MONICA D ‘ELISO the only Italian mushers (drivers of sledges and dogs!) to have participated in the most important competitions and adventures of Sleddog in the World !